Current information on applications, and comments made by the Parish Council can be seen on the Search and Track Planning Applications pages of the Braintree District Council website.
This Planning Services section of Braintree District Council (BDC) provides Wickham St Pauls Parish Council with details of all relevant Planning Applications received, thereby giving parishioners the opportunity to express an opinion on proposed developments. The Parish Council reviews each Application and propose a response to BDC after considering:
- written comments from parishioners
- the Village Design Statement and the Parish Plan (BUT see below)
- the Rural Area and Conservation Areas
- village envelopes
- responses to the Application posted on the BDC planning website
- changes in planning legislation and guidelines
- the Material Planning Considerations followed by BDC, which currently exclude the Village Design Statement and the Parish Plan; these cannot be considered by BDC in reaching a planning decision.
The Parish Council decides the response to BDC, (which can be viewed on BDC’s Planning Application Search pages) and which generally will take the form of a brief statement that:
- there is no objection to the application, or:
- there are concerns that should be addressed before the application is approved, or:
- the proposal is unacceptable, giving the reasons for the opinion
All responses can be seen by parishioners in the Parish Council minutes and on the BDC planning website under the Planning Application number.
It must be remembered that BDC is responsible for planning decisions, and Wickham St Paul Parish Council, on behalf of parishioners, may only express an opinion. Decisions may contradict this opinion.
Details of Planning Applications
BDC gives details of applications to immediate neighbours and the District Councillor, as well as to Wickham St Pauls Parish Council, and appropriate notices are displayed near the site in question. Details may also be inspected on the BDC planning website.
Commenting on Planning Applications
If a parishioner wishes to comment on an application they should, always quoting the relevant application number:
- email the comments to email@example.com or, write to Braintree District Council, Development Manager, Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree, Essex CM7 9HB, telephone: 01376 557779
- copy the letter or email to the Parish Clerk, Diane Jacob, 5 Crocklands, Greenstead Green, Halstead, Essex CO9 1QY or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parishioners may make a verbal presentation of their comments at the monthly Parish Council meeting (maximum duration three minutes). A verbal presentation may also be made at the relevant BDC Planning Committee meeting; please note that procedures at this meeting are strictly controlled, and it is strongly advised to consult with the District Councillor beforehand to ensure that the presentation is acceptable and effective.
All applications are dealt with by BDC according to a regulated timetable, and parishioners must comply with the deadlines imposed.